Thursday, January 1, 2009

Photo-A-Day

Happy New Year!
Are you up for new challenge this year? How about a resolution to take at least one photograph per day for all of 2009? What a great way to document through photographs, the little things as well as the big things, that happen to you this year. I did this last year and got all the way 'til August. This year, I plan to go all the way! The real challenge of this is pulling it together. Last year I used a digital template to lay out my pages each week. The template cost only $10 and it was easy - even I could do with my PhotoShop version 3.0 (They sell 7.0 these days!). This year, though, I'm going more traditional. I've bought Heidi Swapp's "Month" Clear stamps (Debbie can get them for you at Scrapbooks-Plus) and am planning a monthly double page layout - calendar style - for all my pictures taken each day. I'll print them in a smaller format so they will fit nicely on the spread. I've posted a couple of sample pages from the digital format I used last year over on my blog (Click here or go to the link on the right). My problem with this format last year was that it required not only taking a picture each day, but me putting together a weekly "accounting" of the events and the journaling. Since I'm not a digital scrapper, this process wasn't as "pleasant" for me. Because I found the digital process a bit tedious, I would get behind pulling it together each week - and then in August I was so far behind that well...you know what happened!

But it's a new year! Since I like my patterned paper, glitter, stamps and glue, I'm thinking every supply I will need for this project I can buy at Scrapbooks-Plus - and I can certainly manage a picture a day and only one two-page spread. And I'll make a commitment to post my monthly spread on my Blog to motivate you to do yours for the month! I challenge other design team members (and our blog readers) to join me in 2009 in a Photo-A-Day!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

It's a great challenge -- I just bought some calendar stamps from Inkadinkado that would work perfectly.

matushka said...

I'm trying too... hopefully we can keep each other motivated! :)