Friday, January 2, 2009

Quick Tip: Keep Your Camera On Your Scrap Table

I think all of us have worked on a layout and once it was all laid out perfectly, we've gone to glue everything in place and forgotten exactly how we placed everything or mis-glued, messing up our hard work. I have gotten in the habit of keeping my digital camera on my scrap table and using it as part of the scrapping process. Once I get everything laid out and I'm happy with it, I snap a quick picture of my desk. When I go back to glue everything down, I refer back to the photo, zooming in where necessary.




This layout had a number of buttons on it... and I kept moving this one here and that one there. Finally I was satisfied, so I took a quick picture. When I have a heavily embellished layout or a layout where I'm using my last scrap of a paper, this really helps save me some time and energy! Do I always put everything right where I had it before... nope, but at least I'm doing it that way on purpose instead of by accident! :)




Another bonus, looking at the layout in the camera gives you a different perspective... and sometimes once I've taken the shot I realize that I'm not a hundred percent happy with it and I need to rethink my plan.



thanks for stopping by!
erin

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

This is a great idea, Erin! I always have this problem with heavily embellished pages.