Thursday, January 29, 2009

More Easy Scallops


I *love* scalloped-edge paper... I think a lot of us do! One of my favorite, totally easy ways to create a scalloped edge is to just work with a geometric pattern on your patterned paper. On this layout I selected the large sparkle dot paper and used the circles as my guide.

First, I trim the edge close to where the finished scallop would fall. It's important to trim the extra first. You don't want a lot of paper in the way when you are trying to cut or else you will end up with lopsided curves.

Next I take my smallest, pointiest scissors and freehand cut the curves. Usually I will cut most of the curve going down into the point. Rather than try to turn the scissors in the point, skip up to a part of the next curve where you can easily cut and trim along the pattern down to the next point. Repeat all the way across.

Finally, come back from the other side and trim the final half of each point. Check your curves and tweak as needed! Voila! Custom scalloped-edge paper! :)

thanks for stopping by!
erin

PS. I used double-sided sticker letters for "sleepy" in the title and used one of the journaling tags from My Mind's Eye to finish it off.

No comments: