Sunday, January 11, 2009

December 5 Snow


The layouts required for this month's submission were fun to put together as there were so many design options with the choice of papers Deborah assembled. For my one page layout, I wanted to preserve - and emphasize - that lovely scalloped border of the snowflake KI Sheer transparency. I used a little cream colored acrylic paint to "distress" the edges to make them pop a bit more. I traced the piece onto the powder blue Bazzill Bling cardstock, cut that out and used cream paint on its edges, too. I matted the sheer piece onto the cardstock and turned the pieces crooked on the My Mind's Eye dotted background page so the edges would have even more emphasis. I used the paint to make a brushed frame around my son's picture and added a little ribbon, MME striped strips, buttons and snowflakes to finish. The tag for journaling is a bit stark, so I may add a little paint to warm it up when I get the design home. Otherwise, I like the result - albeit a bit different than my usual one-pagers.

And to answer the question - yes - it has snowed every Dec 5 (even if it was just a dusting) since 2002. This year we got a dusting in Dec 6, so the pattern has been broken. The only reason I would possibly know this "fact" is because I scrapbook the first snow each year - no matter how small the accumulation is. Another reason to scrapbook! Enjoy!

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Ha! Cool idea for a layout! I should do one about how it always rains on July 8th -- I know because it's my birthday! Love the KI Sheers, too, btw!

matushka said...

I love the tipped sheer and how you used the paint. The effect is genius! :)

Lisa H said...

Love this LO!