Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Cookies

I actually started this layout knowing exactly what I was going to do with the 2nd page. Although I don't think she blogged it, Lisa created a beautiful 1 page layout with the September kit that really stuck in my mind and I have been waiting for the opportunity to scraplift!
The basis of her layout was a simple 3x3 grid pattern, so I cut 9 pictures into 3" squares. My photo mattes are a little different than hers though, because mine are actually flaps, cut 3.5" x 4" ,scored and folded at 1/2" from the top. I inked the edges because - well, I just like the way it looks!
.
Under each flap I plan to include a recipe for each of the cookies we baked that day. I have to add that I had no idea my daughter stuck her tongue out when she was really concentrating. I caught her at it a couple of times that day! The Scenic Route chipboard provides nice little accents for my series of photos.
.
The first page went together really easily because all of the papers in MME's Be Merry Collection are so cute. I kept with a very linear layout, but got a little funky within the title block...adding some of those snowmen and trees I like so much - and I just had to jumble the thickers when I added the title!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Cool idea for the flaps, Susie!