Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas Present

I said before I loved the trees in this month's pink paislee Tinsel Town Collection. I'm afraid I got carried away cutting them out and ended up adding them to this layout, creating a cheerful and elegant little forest across the bottom of the Polar Express paper. Initially, I wasn't sure about the color of this paper for Christmas, but it quickly grew on me and this is one of my favorite holiday layouts. I decided I really wanted to pull the color red out of the photo. The die cut paper was easy to trace, creating a nice red border. I loved that the red chipboard parentheses from Scenic Route were exactly the same shape as the die cut. They provided a unique way to add emphasis to my journaling. A little red ribbon, a few buttons, and a sprinkling of chipboard stars and sentiments finished it off - my reflections on Christmas Present and the gifts in my life have been saved for posterity.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Love the red -- those trees are gorgeous as well.