Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Under the Tree


Susie and I must be on the same design wave, because each month, we produce at least one piece that is darn near identical to the other - at least in terms of design. Her single page "Christmas Present" is extremely similar to my two-page "Under the Tree". We used the bracket mat the same way and the trees are similar. Even my conceptual "present" - the multi-photo collage on the right page - hints at the anagram in her title. How cool is that! I like her use of the red to frame the bracket paper from Pink Paisley - and the buttons on her trees - I may add a little of that to my work later.

If you like these die-cut patterned papers, a great way to use them is to overlay them off- centered across two pages. Create a photo collage in a square block on the right page and a single, larger focal photo on the left. This design allows you to show off the design of the paper in your layout and incorporate lots of photos in balance.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Great tips, Sharon! I love to see how people use the die cut paper -- it's one of my favorite supplies.