Sunday, January 4, 2009

Building a Good Supply of Handmade Cards

I mentioned in a post last month that I love to send my friends and family handmade cards in the mail. I also like to keep a supply of handmade cards on hand for all occasions so that if I forget about a birthday, anniversary, holiday or other event, I can quickly grab a card, write an appropriate greeting & get it into the mail or bring it with me to a gathering.

The easiest way to start building a good supply of cards for all occasions is to make two or three of every card you create. When making cards, it seems to me that it is just as easy to make two as it is one. So, once I decide on a card design, I make sure I gather enough supplies for two. That way I can easily make two cards -- one to send and one to have on hand for emergencies or when I just don't have time to make one. I've also noticed that my husband likes to go through the card stash when he needs one for a friend or work colleague and grab one -- it really cuts down on last minute trips to CVS or Walgreen's!

This month I needed a thank you card and a birthday card, so I decided to make two of each. When I was done, I had two cards ready to mail & two cards to slip into my on hand supply. It's great for the last minute or when you just don't feel like creating something new.

No comments: