Monday, March 22, 2010

Sweet Treat

You know those 12x12 die cut papers that everyone is using right now, the ones that are in all of those yummy shapes. Well in an effort to get more bang for my buck I used one as a stencil to create this layout. I traced it onto a piece of white cardstock then adhered my pictures to it and trimmed the excess off of the photos so they took the shape of the page. I'm sure there is some really easy way to collage these photos on the computer and Jessica Sprague or another digi girl could tell me how but this method worked out just fine for me in a pinch. The best part was that in the end I still had my original shaped paper left to use another day on another layout.


After I made the photo collage I adhered it to the patterned paper and cut the patterned paper 1/4 inch larger to make a border for the photo collage. I added the flowers and button to embellish and I was ready to move on to the rest of the layout.


I stamped this title using Technique Tuesday's Savannah stamp set and Distress Inks {color~worn lipstick} then I sprinkled on some Distress Powder {color~worn lipstick} embossing powder and heat embossed with my heat gun.


My journaling for this page was the recipe my 5 year old daughter made up for "sticky rocky road" dessert. I made up the "recipe card" in a word document and printed it on scrapbook paper that I trimmed down to fit my printer. I also inked the edges with Distress Ink {color~brushed corduroy}. I love this ink. It doesn't dry instantly so you can manipulate it. That is how I can get this soft glow around the edges instead of the harsh edge you get from using archival ink around the edge.

So that's it! That is how I made this layout... I hope it has inspired you!

No comments: