Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Fun Title!

Love these colors with the fun photos. What a better way to show them off. The Letter Box paper line by American Crafts is so bright and cheery. It was very easy for me to create this layout. An easy way of using a little bit of each pattern paper is to cut strips and frame the photos. This way you use the pattern paper as well as the solid side. I think the pink solid background paper works well with this layout. The strips of paper around the photos make them stand out. I also cut out 3 flowers from the pattern paper in the kit and used a button with embroidery floss to pop them.
Another fun technique that is popular right now is the hanging pennant. I made a template out of chipboard and cut out 7 triangles using one of the pattern papers in the kit. I thought it would be fun to hang them as part of the title. I sewed the triangles on some floss with the sewing machine. I then used "glue dots" to hang it on the paper. I put small letters on each one to read "friends". You can use any die cutting machine, stickers or "Thickers" to complete the title. I used one of the pattern papers and cut the letters out of my "Cricut" for "emily &". Use different techniques on your title to make it more fun and exciting.

1 comment:

CarolP said...

love the colors and the banner! And of course, the pictures are adorable :-)