Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Flutter

I have wanted to do this butterfly page for ages! I was inspired by the scrap magazines that have the layered flower look, but decided to change it up. Using the papers from the Letterbox DT kit I cut butterflies with my Cricut & layered those. They in turn inspired the title because the layers seem to flutter. I cut the title, stamped the letters & heat embossed them adding some dimension. On the background paper, I glimmer misted using a butterfly stencil. I actually like the way the paper buckles from the mist but if you don't use a heavier card stock. The heat embossed swirl & yes, yet another butterfly completed the look I was going for. I like that the embellishments pull your eyes around & around just like the cute butterflies did that day. Don't forget to take time to watch the butterflies flutter by!

1 comment:

Robin Shakoor said...

The butterflies are amazing!