Saturday, March 13, 2010

Perfection is Possible!

I love nice, clean, sleek layouts. I love when everything is lined up just so. It can be absolutely gorgeous!


But perfection can be hard to come by... especially when you're a scrapper like me who doesn't like to measure. Now, really I can measure, but I lack a certain exactness necessary to create neat rows of photos perfectly cropped. {sigh}



Luckily, I'm also a scrapper good at cheating things so that you can't tell that I'm a scrapper that can't measure well. :) Here are a couple of my tricks....



Trick 1: Ink

When all of your edges are inked, it's not so easy to tell exactly where the edges really are. So if everything is pretty close to perfect, the ink will hide any tiny measuring imperfections.
Here I tried to carefully crop everything, but I inked each photo and photo mat just to be on the safe side. Plus I like inking anyways! I measured and drew pencillines around the top and side edges of the layout to butt my photos against and avoid misgluing.



Trick 2: Cut Pieces As One

When I have two photos I want to trim to the exact same size to place in a row, I like to cut them together as one larger piece. First I glue a scrap of cardstock on the back of the photos, butting them up next to each other.
Now when I cut, I'll be cutting them both at the same time and they are guaranteed to be the same size. Here I matted the photos after trimming. The yellow paper is Bo Bunny's double dot paper. It comes in a wide array of colors and I love, love, love it! You can find it at Scrapbooks-Plus right across from the American Crafts brads. These are some of my favorite go-to papers for mixing with almost any paper line.



thanks for stopping by!
erin

1 comment:

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

You really do give me the most useful scrapbooking tips....