Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Flowers - Flowers - Flowers


The one nice thing about getting different pattern papers in our monthly kits is that you can be so creative. The fun part about working with a paper line, like Letter Box above, is that everything coordinates with each other. The colors blend together perfectly. It is so much easier to complete a layout. I titled this layout "every day" using "Thicker" letters, because the photos show everyday actions of my granddaughter. Funny, silly, sassy and smiley. Instead of journaling in sentences, I like to add a list of single words to tell the story.


Flowers-Flowers-Flowers

I wanted to do something different but still wanted to use flowers on this layout. I think of Spring when I look at these papers so flowers it will be. For the flower on the left I used scallop punches in different sizes and different color papers. I scrunched them in my hand and layered them on top of each other. I cut out a small circle and popped it for the center. The flower on the right, I cut out strips of different papers, sewed around the edge on the sewing machine (you can do by hand). I used a button with floss for the center. On both flowers to make the stems and leaves, I cut strips of paper. I sewed them on the sewing machine as well. What you can take from this layout is, if you don't have flowers to coordinate with the paper, make circles, use different shape punches, or strips of paper and you still can have a flowery scene. Come back soon for more ideas or stop by ScrapbooksPlus and check out all the layouts hanging up around the store.














2 comments:

Kim said...

Love this layout! It put a spring in my step!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Such a great layout...such cute pics...I particularly like the flower on the left! Thanks for the instructions!