Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mixing Supplies

It's always hard to resist whatever Debbie's put up on the new wall -- and I usually can't. Even though our kit is 100% American Crafts, don't feel you have to stick with just one brand. I found some fun coordinating items to add to my projects.

Here's a couple of things I picked up for this layout: My Mind's Eye die cuts (I love the birds!), Jenni Bowlin alpha bingo cards, Thickers, and Wild Honey distress ink. The bingo cards are designed for you to cut out the letters you'd like to use to make a title or whatever. But I liked the way they looked in the card, so I used most of the card! I also cut out the "free space" from the second card and adhered it with a pop dot, inking it first so it would stand out.

I also pulled out one of my stitching templates from Bazzill to make a border with floss. These templates are super easy to use. All you do is line them up, put a little pencil mark in the dots and use a paper piercer to make a pilot hole for your needle. In addition to packs of Bazzill floss, ScrapbooksPlus also has new bling templates from Bazzill! The templates have different sized holes to place the corresponding Bazzill bling. I picked up a flourish template and some clear bling to try out.


1 comment:

Karen Bearse said...

very cute page love the stitching