Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Colored Eggs

I love the colors in the Letter Box line from American Craft. These pastels are so rich they can be used for any type of layout but they are great for Spring/ Easter pages. I created the scallop edge on the coral/pink paper by using the EK Success Embossed Curve Slim Edger. I adhered it to the floral paper and I was ready to add my photos and embellishments.

I matted the photos on all of the different papers and arranged them on the scalloped paper. I added embroidery thread to the buttons, scattered them around the page until I liked the way they looked and attached them to the layout using Glue Dots. Although I do think that there is something
really special about hand written journaling I also think it is ok to type out your journaling some of the time... just make sure you don't do it all of the time!

So my favorite part of making this page was when I was putting the title together. I stamped out the title and inked the edges but something was missing. My distress inks were sitting out from another project and my daughter came into my studio to see what I was making. Something inspired me to I dip those little finger tips in the ink and pressed them on a scrap paper. I did it with a few different colors and as it turns out they looked like a collection of colored eggs. Those tiny finger prints made the perfect colored eggs to finish my title!

~Megan































































No comments: