Monday, March 1, 2010

Little Devil

I had so much fun designing layouts with this months kit. The colors and textures on these papers were so inspiring. It was just the taste of Spring I needed. When I first saw the papers all I could think was Spring. Once I started to put page ideas together, though, I realized how very versatile they really are. In the end only one of my projects was "Springy."

I love the color combination of yellow and brown especially when used to accent sepia colored photos. This paper is called Cheers from the American Craft Letterbox line. It is double sided with the brown print on one side and the yellow on the other.





I had so much fun with this page... distressing all of the edges of the pictures as well as the journaling block and the title and adding a little ink to some of the edges. I added the Heidi Swapp Ghost arrow to draw attention the the curl {the one that covers his horn.} I adhered it to the page using Glossy Accents, it works really well as an adhesive for Ghosts.



The journaling came so easily for this page. Anyone who has ever had a two year can most likely relate. I always like to read journaling so I have included mine here.

I swore I would always remember what a little devil you were at 2 years old. I promised myself that I would not forget the panic and worry you caused me. I used to say that the two little curls on either side of your forehead were there to cover your horns. I vowed I would always remember how difficult you were... but I look at these photos of you and I cannot recall why I would have ever thought those thing about you.
I hope I've inspired you!

~Megan

No comments: