Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Going on a Tree Hunt


Every year, John and I head to the same tree lot to get our tree. We're pretty quick about it, too. We walk around judging the various trees: Too boxy, too short, too bare at the bottom, lopsided, etc. Then we find it, the perfect tree for our great room. It's bundled up, tied to the top of our car and off we go. Judging by last year's picture, I was little chilly.

And that was perfect for the mitten mini book. We didn't have a lot of pictures, but we did have the right amount to fill out both hands. The story of the day is told chronologically and ends with the tree being tied to the car. I used both Pink Paislee and My Mind's Eye paper along with red card stock and some embellishments from our kit. The Santa stamp comes from Making Memories (I love this set!) and the white poms poms came from my stash.

The chipboard book comes from Art Blanche, which is part of EK Success. The site also offers a mitten template, which I downloaded and used to trim my paper. I used Glossy Accents to adhere the paper and trimmed around the edges with an X-acto knife. The pages with the chipboard embellishments will be used for journaling.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

This is super cute!

SharonVM said...

It is very cute - I eyed those mittens before going "acrylic" for my project. I like your "cuffs" on the mittens especially - adorable!

Kathryn said...

It's adorable -- I love the pom pom trim. Very cute idea.