Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Cards

Hopefully you got your Christmas cards out way ahead of the holiday. Got some scraps lying around? Why not get a head-start on next year? Here's a trio of cards I made with the kit.

I used rub-ons from Pink Paislee to make the tree in the center of the first card. I backed the Bazzill Bling cardstock with a bit of red, then used My Mind's Eye paper as my background, which draws all the colors together.

The second card is quick and easy - lightly draw a circle on your cardstock, then adhere punched-out circles of patterned paper around the circle. Finish it off with by sticking a bow onto the top with a glue-dot. This is a great way to use all those small scraps you have leftover from other projects.

For my third card I cut out part of the pattern from the Pink Paislee paper, then used snowflake rub-ons around the trees. Very fast. If you're making a number of cards, substitute stamps for the rub-ons.

2 comments:

nancy said...

Lovely cards! Maybe I'll start next year's cards early ...

Kathryn said...

I love having all occasion cards on hand -- I have a blog post coming up about how I created my card library. This is another great tip for building a good stash of cards.