Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Action!

I like to use the paper and embellishments in my projects to help emphasize my theme. For both of these layouts, there's a lot of movement and action in my photos -- playground activities and a race. In the first layout, the wavy lines and the dots help me convey action and movement. Specifically the dots and floating numbers reminded me of the kids running around the playground and the wavy lines of going up & down on the merry-go-round.

My second layout is from the Pyramid Challenge race in which my son participated. There were lots of kids running. I used a strip of the brown American Crafts paper with the colorful dots because it reminded me of all the kids racing together -- lined up en masse at the starting line and running together in a pack during the race.


How do you use the patterns in your projects?

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I like to follow the "Gallon, Quart, Pint" advice from interior decorating regarding patterns and colors on my layouts. That helps me layer my pattern paper without any one pattern being too overwhelming.