Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Snowflakes



I'm a big fan of Christmas paper, and I was really taken by the "Jack Frost" paper from Pink Paislee in the December kit. I picked up a few thin wooden forms at a craft store and this paper was just perfect for this project.

To make this, I coated the snowflake with Mod Podge and adhered the paper. Once the glue was dry I carefully cut around the form with a craft knife. I took a piece of white felt, stitched around it a few times, then added Thickers from the kit for my sentiment.

The smaller snowflake was made with another wooden ornament coated in Martha Stewart glitter. I covered a chipboard circle with more Pink Paislee paper then coated it with Ranger's Glossy Accents. As a final touch I added a paper snowflake and brad from Making Memories that I picked up at Scrapbooks Plus.

Here's a close-up of the center:



3 comments:

nancy said...

Love this! Somehow I missed this beauty when I was in the store. Wonderful job!

Kathryn said...

This is beautiful -- great inspiration for next year! Thank you for sharing!

matushka said...

I missed this too... have to go and get a look. It is quite lovely!