Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Winter Days



Deborah's kit was so much fun to work with. As soon as I saw the snowflakes, I knew I wanted to create a page that showcased a crazy dumping of snow we had here in Leesburg in 2006. I selected the die cut papers, trimmed them down, added the glittery gold sewing down one edge and popped up the trees on the left. I knew I wanted some more layering and something related to the season, so I added a Jenni Bowlin Merry card along with the Warm Wishes chipboard. (I love the added dimension chipboard adds to a page.)

The Merry card was wrapped in Martha Stewart baker's twine for a bit more texture and to give the page another hint of red. The title came after I realized I was one "R" short of Winter Wonderland." (Woe!) I tried cutting down a "Q" and pasting it together with another letter, but that wasn't working for me, so "Winter Days" won. I'll eventually journal on this page, and when I do, I'll either add it along the scallop edge on the left or side-saddle it next to the photo. Or I'll write it on a separate piece of card stock and tuck it into the star paperclip dangling from the baker's twine.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

What a fun layout -- I love how you used all your little goodies!

matushka said...

Love the pom-pom trim you added!

SharonVM said...

I love the photos - I'm often taking photos of roads like this but never scrap them - now I have no excuse.