Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Vote



Our kit included two sheets of the quote paper, and with the election falling right into our production week, I knew exactly what type of layout I wanted to create. I took my camera with me to the polling place, but when I entered the booth to make my choice, wouldn't you know that I had left my CF card in the car? I voted, ran back to the car and then asked the nice polling volunteers if I could take a picture of the booth. After a couple of calls, they gave me a sample ballot and I took a few photos. Once my husband got home, we went outside and he took the main photo of me with my voting sticker. (I could've used the tripod, but my husband was much faster.)

The photos were sized in Photoshop and printed on my Epson printer. I backed everything with orange card stock and stamped the word "vote" inside the bubbles with Pink Paislee Vintage Pop Alpha stamps using Stampin' Up! spots. (Stampin' Up! has great colors, and these worked well to match the card stock colors.)

I wanted to print my title and journaling directly onto the page, so I scanned it and used that as a guide. Once it was done, I sent a few test sheets through to make sure everything lined up correctly. Then I took a deep breath and sent the whole thing through, photos and all. It worked wonderfully.

2 comments:

Deborah Mahnken said...

I love this! Great way to use the paper :)

Kathryn said...

Neat idea -- I had to vote absentee this year, so no awesome pics for me! Love what you did with it, though!