Sunday, December 14, 2008

Retro Vibe

When I saw the American Crafts paper for November's kit, the colors totally reminded me of the 70's... especially the flower-print! I looked through my old pictures and found a picture of me and my grandmother around about 1973-ish... I think! I know were at her house in Houston, but that's it. I had to leave a space for the journaling and I've asked my parents to help me out with the details. If nobody remembers the specifics I have a backup plan to journal the story of why my sister and I called my dad's mom "mamasan" instead! :)



I love pulling out old pictures and getting them scrapped. Sometimes we get caught up in our new photos fresh from the printer/developer ... because they are fun and new, and it's easy to remember all the details. I think it's important to take the time to make a layout using older photos and, as we move into the holiday season, it's a great time to pull out some older pictures and ask family members for their memories. They may remember some great details or a funny story that you would have missed. So pull out something old (or at least from a year ago) and get that story scrapped!

Thanks for stopping by!
erin

PS. I just LOVE the buttons that were included in our kit. I loved them SO much that I bought a bag as well. I've used them on at least 4 or 5 layouts and I still have tons left. Check them out at the register! :)

1 comment: