Monday, December 29, 2008

Merry 07


You know, we were much more organized last year. Christmas took us by surprise this year, which is odd considering that it comes at the same time every year. This year, though, we were behind, so outside of a tree and a hastily hung wreath, we kept it pretty low key.

But this layout featuring papers from My Mind's Eye (Trim the Tree) and Pink Paislee (5th Avenue) will be a nice reminder of what we can do when we have the time. For this layout, I used green card stock as my large photo mat and created a photo collage in Photoshop based on the size of card stock. The Pink Paislee papers added a pop of color along with the Merry '07 Thickers. I left myself room under the dinner photo for journaling.


To create the glittery snowflakes:

1. Paint some Bazzill chipboard snowflakes white and stipple to create pockets for the glitter. You can also stipple if you don't want paint lines to show.
2. Add the glitter while the paint's still wet. Set aside to dry.
3. Once dry, hit with a little hairspray, line up and admire your work. Send Martha Stewart a note of thanks for the fab glitter. Most of the white glitter I've seen usually has an additional color sprinkled within, such as gold or blue. I just wanted plain white, and Martha Stewart did the trick. And the glitter's nice and fine, not chunky. I'll be heading back to Scrapbooks Plus to purchase some more.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Love how you used that tree paper -- so adorable.

SharonVM said...

I love the Artic collection of Martha Stewart white glitters - they are so nice to work with! Love how you use them with paint as the adhesive.