Saturday, December 27, 2008

More Martha Stewart Glitter



I love how Erin made the cardinal dazzle with Martha Stewart glitter. I am a huge fan of her "brillo" bling in the many jewel colors. Santa must know how much I love the stuff because he filled my stocking with nearly every color! You know I'll be using more of it in my designs!

On my project for this month, I used a Clear Acrylic Christmas Tree Album from Creative Acrylics (Scrapbooks-Plus has both Christmas trees and snowflakes in stock at the store). Once I removed the protective covering, I used Martha Stewart's craft glue (Elmer's school glue works just as well) to make the designs I wanted on the boughs. I wanted that "snow-covered effect". I placed each page on a 12x12 piece of white paper (I save those white pages that come in albums for just this reason). I shook out some glitter over the page, tapped off the excess, placed the page somewhere safe (out of my elbows way) to dry, folded the paper in half to create the funnel to pour the excess right back in the bottle. Erin is so right about the tops on these glitter jars - it is impossible to miss getting the glitter back in without spills because the mouth of the jar is so wide.



For this tree I used Garnet, Rose Quartz, Peridot, Blue Sapphire and a few of her snow glitters from the Artic collection. Many of these colors, especially the Christmas colors like Garnet, and Blue Sapphire, are on the shelves now at Scrapbooks-Plus for a great price. For the rest of the album, I used left over scraps from the kit - Pink Paisley and My Minds Eye patterned papers - and my many Marvy and EK Success punches to decorate the pages.
The nice thing about these acrylic albums is that you don't have to cover the pages with paper - the pages (especially with the glitter) are beautiful enough. It saves you tons of time and makes for a good way to use your scraps.

2 comments:

nancy said...

Santa was very good to you! Your acrylic album is tons of fun. I love all the little details you've added.

Kathryn said...

The glitter trim is beautiful -- I love how you did that.