Tuesday, April 29, 2008

So Very Much Fun!


One of my projects for April was a minibook. And I decided to play around with some new supplies - Glimmer Mist and a Heidi Swapp mask. I used a Basic Grey chipboard book as my base. The pages are all hole-punched and on a binder ring, which makes it easy to work on them.

After I adhered the paper to the front cover, I decided it needed a little something extra. I used a small Heidi Swapp butterfly mask and sprayed the left half of the cover with Sandy Beach Glimmer Mist. I was a little impatient, so I used my heat gun to dry the paper. I really liked the effect it gave - a shimmery distressed look. A couple of suggestions for using this: 1) cover your work surface before spraying. I used a large piece of scrap cardboard; 2) move your hand quickly over the surface as you're spraying and use several fine coats of spray; 3) have a paper towel on hand (or two) - just in case. Luckily, Glimmer Mist is water-based, so clean-up is easy!

After that was dry, I used a Tim Holtz stamp and Distress Ink in Black Soot to stamp the swirl pattern. I stamped my title with Versamark ink and used Distess Embossing powder over the title. You may not know that you can use Distress Ink to emboss with -- but you can! The inked flourish also picked up embossing powder. You can really see the Glimmer Mist on the cover in this picture --

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I love how it turned out ~ and I love mini books!

Kim said...

Oh cool, great techniques. I have had some Glimmer Mist forever, I really should try to use it a little. I love what you did with it. I also like how your pics filled the whole page, I love that look!