Thursday, April 10, 2008

"Smile"

Okay - I think I am basically done with my single page layout for this month. I still need to journal in the upper right. I may have overdone it on the "bling" or on the little flowers. Honest opinions please? Do I need to move or remove anything? My 10 year old daughter had been anxiously awaiting the moment she could help me put the "bling" on the layout. She likes the shiny stuff so much I feel sorry for her future husband...he's gonna spend a fortune keeping her in diamonds! Were we a little too heavy handed?

Details: Yummy 29th Street Market papers from My Mind's Eye. Marvy Uchida punch for the little posies - I am glad I save my scraps because all of those little flowers were punched from leftover bits from my "Honeymoon" box. Fiskars edge punch for the paper lace. (Although there was a Fiskars "Flower" edge punch at Scrapbooks Plus that I had to stop myself from buying that also would have been great on this layout - it matches the little posies on the paper!) Heidi Swapp "Bling" and the teeny, skinny cinammon dot ribbon - so cute!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I don't think there is too much bling at all, I am loving the old photos with this paper! You did a fantastic job.

Kathryn said...

From the photo you posted it doesn't look like the bling is overdone to me. I think your daughter knows exactly when to stop with the accessories!