Thursday, April 24, 2008

Adhesives - a Different Perspective

Am I the last person on Earth using wet adhesive? Like most I have tried nearly every adhesive known to man (or woman), too. I have a difficult time with entire the gun/tape dispenser approach. I break the gun, get the tape off the rollers inside the dispenser with no ability to ever get it back on track. Then I can't easily reposition anything unless I have another gun full of repositionable tape, so I quit the entire tape approach, preferring what I consider to be the best wet glue on the market - Zip Dry Paper Glue by Beacon Adhesives. It doesn't wrinkle or warp paper, doesn't soak through or anything, is repositionable for about 5 to 10 minutes until it completely dries, then its permanent and doesn't peel up later (that night, then next week, or even next year). If you get excess glue on a page (oops!) it comes up in a flash with an old fashioned eraser. I love it! And it seems to last forever. I find with this glue that I'm never really in a situation without adhesive because, when in a bind, I can eek that last bit from the bottom of the bottle. And it glues down ANYTHING. And, yes, you can buy it at Scrapbooks-Plus!

So maybe I am the last scrapper who uses wet glue for everything (okay - everything except vellum and an odd button or two) but it's gonna take more than an altered ATG project for me to abandon my Zip Dry. Sorry gals!!




2 comments:

Lisa H said...

I an adhesive junkie- I always am buying different kinds. I use different kinds for different projects, for example I still like to use a glue stick for covering chipboard. Went to the store today and picked up some that you recommended- can't wait to try it! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I picked up some of this for DT projects... since I didn't want anything else falling off! This stuff works great for adhering buttons, chipboard, and anything else bulky. I've even used it for felt. My paper piercer is great for clearing the applicator top of the dried glue. It comes off easily so you don't have to worry about it clogging up!