Sunday, April 6, 2008

another tinkering ink project

Blue is a difficult color for me to use in my design work. But the fun of the Design Team is being presented with choices outside your preferred comfortable range. So for this month's navy-based Tinkering Ink kit, I tried to find a way to set up enough contrast to the cool blues and lavenders to warm them up, using sunny yellow and even warm black and lots of bling. This 9-section wall hanging plays off both sides of the Tinkering Ink Provincial Fare pattern paper and uses the whole pack of Tinkering Ink felt embellishments, plus a few papers from the Little Yellow Bicycle Zach's Life line to literally add to the yellow.


Each section has its own arrangement, with lots of fun embellishments to add to the 3-dimensional effect, including the Martha Stewart butterfly punches which fold up their wings. I've added only three small black-and-white photos of my grandchildren, but you could add more photos on other sections of the hanging, allowing some of your embellishments to extend into the photos.


This lower section of the hanging shows two of the Tinkering Ink felt embellishments. To the left is a large round felt flower medallion with a Sizzix bird die cut, a Marvy scalloped oval punch, and Heidi Swapp bling. To the right is a felt tag, from which I cut the small blue flower medallion to center the My Mind's Eye transparent flower and the large yellow paper flower. Then I used the rest of the white felt tag to cut leaves for the flower stem, adding a butterfly and more Heidi Swapp bling to finish the arrangement.  The Marvy punches and My Mind's Eye transparencies are available at the store, as are the Tinkering Ink papers and embellishments.

This month's Scrapbooks Plus Design Team layouts, cards, and projects will be on display in the crop room frame until the 15th of April, when the new month's designs will take their place. If you are visiting this Design Team blog, we would all love to hear from you. Please feel free to comment or ask questions about what you see.
.

4 comments:

nancy said...

How beautiful, Pam! I love the arrangement and all the little extras throughout. Are you going to bring it into the store? I'd love to see it in person.

SharonVM said...

It is even more glorius in real life! It actually is hanging in the store and is absolutely breath-taking! One more "Pam Creation" that I will (must) scraplift!!

Kathryn said...

It looks beautiful! Purple and yellow (gold) can be difficult to work with, but the result, when done well, is always so breathtaking!

Kim said...

I can't wait to see it in real life, I love how you used these papers. I had a hard time using these papers and you did such a great job!