Sunday, April 13, 2008

hi, spring!

After planting the last rhododendrons this cold afternoon, I had just enough time to make a card from April's Design Team kit before assembling dinner. Using three coordinating My Mind's Eye 29th Street Market "Mellow" papers and a card idea I saw on Melissa Phillips's blog Lily Bean Paperie, I arranged the card so I could add my sparkly embellishments. It takes only a few warm days of spring to get me in the mood for scallops (as in petals) and shiny (as in sunshine).


First I cut the 5x7" card from the "Happy Stripes" paper. Then I drew an arc from the upper left corner to the lower right of the card and cut a scalloped edge arc to match from the "Beautiful Blossoms" paper. Within the scalloped paper, I cut another arc so I could reverse part of the paper, leaving the tan scalloped edge as contrast. Making Memories Shimmer Jigsaw letters spell a glittery "hi" and center the Bazzill paper flower. KaiserScrapbook Rhinestones accent the scallops.

Next I drew and cut a butterfly from a piece of clear packaging so I could see its placement on the "Icing on the Cake" paper. After I cut the butterfly from the patterned cardstock, I dotted it with blue Ice Stickles and mounted it on foam adhesive. Since I had a blue plastic-covered paper clip handy, I cut it into antenna for a little more pop. Finally, the blue seam binding tied across the top of the card came just days ago on a package from Rebecca Sower.


.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

What a gorgeous card! Those colors are so beautiful and just make this card so full of life!
Melissa

Kathryn said...

That's lovely! I love that the two arcs are cut at different "angles" so it's more interesting.