Monday, April 21, 2008

Possible class



Hi all,

What would ya'll think of a class on how to make a coptic-bound journal, such as the one above? The great thing about this stitch is that your book lies flat, making it perfect for sketching out layouts, jotting down notes and whatever else your heart desires. You'd learn how to make the stitch and how to cover your book. Once you have the technique, you can go crazy making all sorts of books and journals. If enough folks are interested, we'll offer the class at the store. Thanks!

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

The book looks lovely! I know next to nothing abut book-binding, so I think it would be something I would like to see.

Lisa H said...

Would love to take a class!

Kim said...

I know nothing about binding, but I am always up for learning some thing new.

tudorwench said...

That's great, I would definitely take the class.

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I'd love to learn any book binding... and this one sounds very useful. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks really neat. I'd love to take a class.