Friday, April 4, 2008

My creative process

I started working on my new kit yesterday and I think I finally have realized what my "scrapbook process" is. I hadn't really thought about it until I read the last few posts. My process usually begins with photos that inspire me and I go from there. I pick out paper that I like, a few embellishments and then I crop my pictures and work them into a LO. At this point I usually walk around and look at the LO from different angles and see what I like/don't like and re-arrange. I do this at least a couple of times, sometimes even walking away from it over night. When I finally happy with the LO I will add embellishments and journal last. It's probably not the easiest way to scrap but it works for me.

I have to say I LOVE the new kits that ScrapbooksPlus put together for us! I am working with the My Minds Eye 29th Market Street Fancy Line. It is so pretty and I really enjoy working with it. I used some Prima flowers and some bling and felt(Fancy Pants) for the flower centers. The white letters are from Making Memories.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love this beautiful layout. I think the flowers turned out just right & their felt centers are too cute!

SharonVM said...

I would have never thought "wedding" for this paper, but how great it worked for your layout! I guess I have a lot to learn about girly patterns!!
I really like it - I do, I do!

Kim said...

Vintage, is great for these papers - I also love the felt photo corners!