Thursday, April 3, 2008

My Mind's Eye Notebook

Last night I was out at ScrapbooksPlus cropping with Kim and another friend of ours. I knew I wanted to use the Bind-It-All this month to make a little mini something, and when I saw all the pretty goodies in this month's kit, I decided to make a cute little notebook for myself. I usually carry one around with me at all times, because if I don't write things down as they come to me, there's a better than even chance that I will completely forget what I wanted to do in the first place. Then I will stay up until 3:00 in the morning trying to remember the brilliant idea I had at 2:45 that afternoon. To avoid all that, I write things down immediately.

I liked the shape of this Basic Grey album:


But I also wanted the album to be a little more portable and spiral bound. So I traced one of the inside sheets from the Basic Greay album onto a piece of chipboard I brought with me. (I always have a good supply of chipboard on hand because I love making minis. I keep it when it's in packaging, cereal boxes, mailers, you name it) I situated the Basic Greay sheet so that one side went off the edge of the chipboard, giving me the straight edge that I wanted. Then I cut that piece out of the chipboard and used it as a template for the back cover and the inside pages.

I covered the chipboard pieces with paper from the kit and used the Bind-It-All to punch the holes and create the spiral binding. If you love mini books and you do not have a Bind-It-All, you must get one immediately! I have one at home and I love it, love it, love it. Last night I used the Bind-It-All in the crop room at ScrapbooksPlus.

This is how the notebook looked when I was finished:


This flower and button and journaling card were from the kit, and they have them at ScrapbooksPlus.


I wanted the letters to have some nice texture, so I used Grungeboard. I love mixing up the fonts on my projects ~ I think it gives a really fun look. The swirls were perfect for this project. All those ribbons that I tied around the spiral binding came in the kit and are available at ScrapbooksPlus.


I inked the grungboard in Robin's Egg Blue from Clearsnap, and the edges of the book were inked in Chestnut Rhoan (also from Clearsnap & the most perfect scrapbook ink color of all time, IMHO).

Thanks for looking at my notebook! If you haven't taken the time to play with the Bind-It-All yet, I encourage you to do so as soon as possible. It really is so very versatile and is tons of fun!

6 comments:

Lisa H said...

So pretty! Really like your project. Isn't the Bind-it-All the best?!

Kim said...

It turned out great -- beautiful dawlin'!

Kathryn said...

The BIA rocks! It helps me feed my addiction to all things tiny!

nancy said...

Wow, you're fast! I love my Bind-it-All, too. :)

matushka said...

Great book! The straight edge really makes it look nice...better than the regular BG! I guess I need to get over there and try it out too! :)

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Lovin' it! I will have to try the BIA. Anyone that I know who has tried it, is hooked!