Saturday, September 27, 2008

US


One of things I love about this paper is how well it works for the fall months. Granted, fall is just starting, but that didn't stop me from grabbing some fun photos I took last year. Once I settled on my two photos, I went to town arranging everything. Here's how it all went down:


A. I started by using Fiskars Tear Edgar (deckle edge) to tear the burgundy/dotted paper and then inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink (vintage photo). The finished size is 4x12.
B. Cut out the flowers from one of the patterned pieces of paper. Set aside.
C. Cut your wood paper to 6 3/4x12. Adhere your photos, making sure to leave room for your title.
D. Adhere everything in this order: Burgundy paper, journaling spot followed by wood paper with photos. (Leave a three-inch opening near the bottom for your tag.) Tip: Don't run the tape runner along the edge of the burgundy and wood papers where you'll be sewing. This will keep your needle from getting gummed up.
E. Run through your sewing machine using a zigzag stitch.

Now that everything's in place, you can start arranging your flowers. I had some unused chipboard lying around, so I backed my flowers with that to give them extra dimension. I also added some brads to a few of the flowers for an extra kick.


Then it was on to the title. I ran Tim Holtz Distress Ink (vintage photo) over Basic Grey chipboard letters and heat-set. Paint with Making Memories Shopping Bag and heat-set again. Distress with Basic Grey precision file set, using the slender file. Keep going until you've revealed enough of the vintage photo ink to your liking. Adhere with Terrifically Tacky tape.

Finish up by creating the tag. Cut down kraft paper to 5 x 2 1/2. Stamp on left-hand corner, letting part of the stamp run off the edge. (I used Technique Tuesday's Pocket Full of Posies stamp.) Using coordinating paper, punch a tab and adhere to right side of craft paper. Add an eyelet with your Crop-a-Dile and run hemp through. Slide tag into the three-inch spot you left open along the bark paper.

4 comments:

SharonVM said...

I like the way you "hide" tags, photos and journaling on your layouts and projects.

M.Y. Creative Rose Garden said...

What great fall colors.
The leaves around here are already starting to change but I cant wait till they are in full fall colors so I can start taking lots of pictures.....

**Marilyn** said...

oh my!!
i love ur tutorial so darn easy to follow along. thk u.

Kim said...

You have such a process and I love it. Maybe I need to work along side of you so that I can find a process.

Your colors just worked beautifully with these papers!

Great job!