Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"Poolside" Thickers - Love these Letters!

The August kit came with a pack of Thickers that I just love! The style of the letter is "Poolside". Why am I in love with them? The designer of this particular style was very clever because of how versatile the letters are.
I am sure that everyone, at some point, has had the same problem I ran into with my 2 page layout for this month...not enough of one particular letter. My title "baby brian's bouncy butt-erfly chair" meant that I needed 5 of the letter "B" but the pack only came with 3. Not a problem! Take a close look at the title below and you will see that the "B" in "brian's" and "butt-erfly" are actually the letter "G" turned upside down...



Still not impressed? Want another example? Take a look at one of my cards from this month...

Only the "H" and the "A" are really an "H" and an "A"...can you tell what letters I used for the "P" and the "Y"? If you guessed "D" and "H"...you are correct! (I actually had enough of the letter "P" but at this point I wanted to change it out just for the fun of it...and I found I like the flow of these letters a little better - the real "P" was a lot more square.)

And just look at the possibilities with the "M" amd the "W" ...oh, and the "F"... and does anybody else think the "L" looks a lot like a bracket?

I will be honest and tell you one little thing I generally do not like about Thickers. I have problems with the adhesive. The letters just don't stick very well. Of course, that is not usually an issue, because most scrapbook pages go directly into a protective sleeve and lay flat most of the time. Mine have to go up on the Design Team Wall, and gravity takes its ugly toll (grin). I am not ready to give up such a great product (I just love the texture Thickers add to my projects!) so I have already figured out a fix for the next time. I will just run them through my Xyron to add a litte more adhesive and I think that will take care of it!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

It's fun to turn those extra letters into something you can use! I know I am always trimming and scheming to make my Thickers last longer -- love them!

SharonVM said...

The only thing I haven't done to these yet is paint them a different color to get even more use. I'm not sure how the acrylic will stay on the vinyl but sooner or later I will put them to the test!