Sunday, September 28, 2008

Just a Box

We have all seen those photo boxes around, in fact we probably all have at least one lying around. I did, and I decided it was just not pretty enough so I decided to use my Anna Griffin Sierra line to spice it up a little bit.

I measured out the area that I wanted to cover, which in this case was the box top. I then just pieced my scraps together. Overlapped, tore, cut, moved and moved some more until I got it just the way I wanted it. Because I am a little "odd" would be a nice word to use and I wanted to make sure I had it looking exactly the way I had it laid out, I took a picture of it and then recreated it with adhesive on the box top. You could use any type of adhesive you wanted but I chose to use my altered ATG gun. I didn't do it but I suppose that placing some photos on top and putting Mod Podge over it all would seal in your seams and would be easy to dust off and such.




Kim :)

2 comments:

nancy said...

Kim, I love the diamond shape and the collage look of your box! And you're not odd at all. I do the same thing because I know if I don't, I'll forget my design. :)

Kathryn said...

I love the idea of taking a picture of the layout before gluing it down -- such a smart idea. Normally when I have a ton of little pieces like that I try to hold them in place with GlueDots, but the photo idea is so much better!