Saturday, September 13, 2008

Altered - Thickers & Chipboard

My DT kit this month came with a chipboard dragonfly and a chipboard flower...but I needed a butterfly...so a snip here and a snip there and voila - Butterfly! I decided the wings needed a little extra swirl, so I snipped away at one of the Thickers Shape stickers and layered it on top.

The flourish underneath also came from the Thickers Chipboard Shapes pack...a little green acrylic paint and some white polka dots...and then I added a touch of Pearl Ex for a little shine (water pen & Future floor polish technique). Sharon is right - don't be stopped because they are plain white in the pack - they are sooooo easy to alter!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Way to think outside the box! I love it.

Anonymous said...

what is the water pen & Future floor polish technique?? Please share!

Anonymous said...

Donna,

It is super easy - I filled one of my water pens with Future Floor Polish, then I dipped it in the Pearl Ex Powder and painted the area I wanted to color. When it dries, it is permanent. I prefer this method instead of using plain water, because then I need to spray the surface with a sealant after it dries to make the Pearl Ex permanent.
Note: I have heard rumors that Debbie is going to be getting a different product in the store that is even easier to use. I'll keep you posted! And let me know if you need more information!

Susie