Friday, September 12, 2008

Scraps and Thickers

What do you do with your extra scraps? Why not make a few cards? Here are two that I made with the August American Crafts kit.


To make a card like this, cut two strips of coordinating paper and adhere then to your card. Lucky for me the piece already had scallops, but you can get the same effect by removing the guide on your corner rounder punch and punching in a row or using a border punch. Next, take a complimentary ribbon and tie it over the seams. I used a circular Thickers piece and threaded it through my ribbon for a cool effect. Now, take a small strip of paper, around 1.5", and fold it in half. Adhere it underneath your scalloped paper to make a quick tab. Finally, I used some of the poolside Thickers for a quick sentiment.


And this card's even easier. Just grab a square punch and punch out four different pieces of paper. Add one embellishment in the center of each square. That's it! I had some clear buttons lying around so I backed them with some of the paper then tied a knot in the center before adhering to my card.

3 comments:

MB said...

I took all my leftover stickers and made a book for my toddler about colors. All the red stickers on one page, orange on the next, etc. I put them on a heavy cardboard type boook - sorry, don't know the fancy name - then covered it in modge podge so she can't peel them off. She loves it!

matushka said...

I LOVE the ribbon through the thickers shape... very cool! And the paper tab really makes it a special card. I may need to buy some more thicker shapes so that I can lift this! ;-)

Kim said...

So simple, yes so fun! I like the texture on these cards and what a great way to use scraps.