Monday, September 29, 2008

Mix - and Match!















I needed to create some journaling boxes for a layout this month. The background paper looked like the old worn wood of a barn, so I pulled some paper from my stash that was a different wood pattern.

I didn't want to use plain black ink because I felt that would be too crisp and clean for this particular layout so I decided to mix my inks.

I started with a Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Tea Dye). It gave me a nice soft edged impression, but it wasn't really strong enough on its own. I then applied a layer of black Stazon ink right on top. It was easy to line it up because my journaling boxes were clear stamps from Autumn Leaves.

The results were better than I expected. I think the combination of these 2 inks make it look like the stamps were burned into, or "branded" onto the wood paper. It really does! Look!

I then added the 3D flowers and fern from Anna Griffin and voila!

NOTE: I have been told to immediately clean my clear stamps if I use Stazon ink so that they don't get "gummy". I do this every time and I have had no problem.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love the layout & those tags with the Autumn Leaves clear stamps are awesome! I have those stamps, too, so now I must go play!

Kim said...

You are just so stinkin' clever. I am horrible about cleaning my stamps. I used to be psyscho crazy about getting them perfect clean and then I ran into somebody who said she never cleaned hers - so guess what? It works for me. If I ever try to clean mine again I will definitely go with the RIGHT AWAY method.