Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fall is in the air!

.


This month's DT kit designed by Sharon is beautiful! The Anna Griffin papers are so inspiring- the browns, reds, greens and blues set the tone for fall. When I got the kit, I was so inspired to distress. The Kraft brown of the papers remind me of all things old. So I broke out my inks and scissors and began to give the edges are nice distressed feel. Now, when I do distressing with ink and scissors I will start with putting a nice layer of ink on the edges of the paper, grab the scissors and rough up the edges then follow it again with more ink. I think it gives it more of an authentic "aged" look. I even distressed the photo corners that I used on the edges of the paper. I even inked up my journaling spot.

Sharon did a beautiful 2 page LO that is for sale at ScrapbooksPlus. Stop by and check it out as well as the DT wall. The wall is pure inspiration!

2 comments:

SharonVM said...

You read my mind on "old" for these papers - heritage, museum, gettysburg....anything that lends itself to an aged look. I simply love kraft paper!

Kim said...

You definitely perfected the "old" look - good job and what a great topic to capture!