Wednesday, September 10, 2008

More Thickers Versatility



I just love Susie's ideas for expanding the use of Thickers letters. In addition to the Thickers letters in the DT kit, I received a number of white Thickers Chipboard Shape Stickers. White, however, wouldn't work with my "Cousins" layout, so I altered the white pieces in a huge way. I painted the pieces with black acrylic paint (Delta Creamcoat). I then applied a thin coat of liquid adhesive, and sprinkled the pieces with Beetle Black Crushed Velvet Flock from Doodlebug. It sort works like glitter, except you get the soft velvet look instead a bling effect. I used a black velvet ribbon to separate the magenta card stock from the patterned paper that tied the velvet texture across the page.


The flowers in the center of the round scallop frame is actually a photograph I took of the morning glories blooming next to the spot where the kids were sitting. I thought it made a nice embellishment when framed by the flocked Thickers shape and mounted on a small frame cut from some extra Hambly I had in my scrap box. I love to make embellishments from photographs like this. It allows you to display a great photo that you might not ordinarily scrap. With Autumn around the corner, photos of the turning leaves are great for making these kinds of embellishments.


The Thickers Chipboard shapes come in all colors and are available at Scrapbooks Plus. But don't feel limited by the color they come in. You can easily change them with a little acrylic paint and cover them with glitter, flock UTEE or epoxy.


2 comments:

Deborah Mahnken said...

What a cool idea! I'm so going to try this!

matushka said...

You can also use the paint as the glue for your flock. Just water it down a little bit so that it doesn't dry too fast. :)