Friday, September 26, 2008

Unusual things...

As we know when scrapbooking there are tons of pretty things that we can find specifically used for scrapbooking. Just take a look around Scrapbooks-Plus! However, there are also many things that aren't specifically meant for scrapbooking and card making that can be used as well.


On my card this month I decided to use a piece of a cardboard box. I tore off the "pretty" covering to reveal the guts of the cardboard. I then took a Tim Holtz distressing ink all along the sides and then ran it over all the bumps to give it some color. The goal was to grunge it up as much as I possibly could. It added texture, depth and just a little personality.



What kind of "non-scrapbooking" type of things do you use on your projects?
Kim :)
.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love it! I use cardboard in my projects all the time. In fact, I used it this month to create the "ABC" minibook that is on the DT wall. I also use all kinds of bits and pieces I pick up here and there. Even my husband now brings me things to use on my pages. Most recently he saved the mesh from a box of Clementine's (mandarin oranges) and put it on my scrap desk!

SharonVM said...

There is nothing more I like on a scrapbook page than things the kids find. I have used seashells and shark's teeth on beach layouts - I have even used sand from a green sand beach! One of the craziest things I've used recently were painted beer can tabs (you know - the pop tops) to "adhere" photo tags on a ribbon (like shower curtain rings on a rod). My latest - the packaging from a "green" lightbulb pack as frames for the kids. Theme...."where will you be in seven years when we change the lightbulbs again"

Deborah Mahnken said...

I cut up some Cropper Hopper dividers once and used them in a minibook.

And I'd love to see Sharon's light bulb LO!