Thursday, September 25, 2008

My September Minibook

I also had a piece of "gilt" in my kit - a feather. I used it on the cover of my minibook:



I had a lot of fun making this book. I picked up a set of Zutter's chipboard covers at Scrapbooks Plus and covered them with the Anna Griffin paper from the kit. The wooden letters from Kaisercraft were painted with Adirondack paint daubbers. I then used my Bind-it-all to punch the holes. But instead of using the coils, I took the strip of leather from the kit and threaded it through the book. To keep the binding secure I knotted a button to each end of the leather. With the leather and the paper the book has a rustic feel - perfect for a vacation out to California and Yosemite National forest.

Here's another picture of the spine of the book:

And if you'd like to see the rest of the book, I'm uploading them to my blog here.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Love the leather binding! TOO CUTE!

SharonVM said...

I love the leather binding too. I thought about using it as stiching on one of my pages but thought it might be too bulky. You found the perfect use. Love it, love it!