Sunday, August 21, 2011

Tags & More Tags!

Anyone who knows me knows I love tags!~ I made 3 this month but this is my favorite. I took a black tag which I made from card stock with a THoltz die cut & than spritzed it with perfect pearls mist-this mist turns black into an awesome glimmer/shimmery extravaganza (which doesn't show up in photos). Next add stickers from the cool Echo Park sticker sheet. I embossed a stamp with black & put a row of flowers at the bottom. Than tie it all off (get it? heehee) with a ribbon & wee charm.
Supplies:
Tag die cut-Alterations by Sizzix
Stickers-Echo Park
Mist-Ranger
Stamp-Unity

My ode to America tag was technique filled! I glued some of the journal paper onto a tag & misted it with glimmer mist. Than I ran it through 2 emboss texture fades. One of my favorite emboss techniques is to hit the high points with metallic paint. ScrapbooksPlus has just added Viva paint! This is perfect for this technique as Viva is a very thick acrylic which is like a rub'n buff. Just use your finger to apply over the embossed portions & you get this wonderful metallic sheen. Next cut butterfly's with chipboard covered with book paper. Distress edges with with the new great distress stains! So easy to use. Finally added a sticker. Voila-now I can send this as a card or add it to a scrap page.
Supplies:
Paper-Teresa Collins Notations journal paper
Tim Holtz Texture Trades-Playing Games set
Glimmer Mist-Jack Frost
Viva Inka Gold-Lava Red
Die-
THoltz by Sizzix- butterfly mini
Distress Stains-Fired Brick, Broken China
Sticker-Echo Park


Tag #3-super simple. I started with a tag & covered it with gesso & dried it. Covered it with Distress Stains & once dry simply added stickers from the sticker sheet. Added a thick netting ribbon-done. Just tons of fun!!!!
Supplies:
Distress Stains-scattered straw, wild honey, spiced marmalade
Stickers-echo park

No comments: