Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Measuring Your Progress


When a visitor commented on a picture of James and I saying “neither of you look anything like this,” I immediately thought of scrapbooking the pictures to show our weight loss. The Teresa Collins Notations Ruler came to mind as the proper background and the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Ruler Ribbon as a good accent. This brought to mind the title – Measuring Our Progress.

I cut letters for this title with my Cricut from the For the Record Red/Cream paper. I cut shadows from the red side and the letters from the cream side. To make the letters more interesting, I stamped them with the Ruler stamp from the Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection Curiosities set . Mostly I used Black Soot Distress Ink, but I did a few stamps with Fired Brick. Some were stamped with lots of ink but I used each stamp two or three times without re-inking so the print is of differing depths.

I used tags to create a platform for the picture labels. I cut them from the same paper as the letters using the large tag from the Sizzix Traditional Combo Tag die. I stamped each tag with a variety of stamps from the Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection -- Creative Textures & Curiosities with a variety of Distress Inks (Black Soot, Scattered Straw, Frayed Burlap, & Vintage Photo). I put metal eyelets in the tag holes and put ribbon through the eyelet. I used jump rings to attach Tim Holtz Idea-ology philosophy tags with the words “Cherish” and “Altered.”
For the giant ampersand, I began with a plain chipboard ampersand. I glued Notations Journal paper on it and cut to the right shape. I inked it with Black Soot Distress Ink and glued a small piece of ribbon near the bottom.

The top photo is on a photo mat cut from the Red/Cream paper (cream side) inked with Black Soot Distress Ink. The bottom photo has three photo mats – two made from the Red/Cream (red side) and one from the Notations Journal paper. All were inked with Black Soot Distress Ink.

Don’t forget to scrap your achievements. The Notations Ruler paper and the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Ruler Ribbon are great visual tools to use to show progress.

No comments: