Thursday, August 11, 2011

Remember This



I love this photo of my husband and our son. It is one of those photos that pulls at my heart strings. I am so grateful that I was taking photos of them goofing around, checking my white balance to set up the camera for a family photo. I saw the photo coming together so I mentioned how handsome they both looked and they turned to give me the shot!! Flattery will get you everywhere;)


I used the black and cream papers to make the vivid colors in the photo stand out that much more.















I loved the diecut paper for this layout but I liked the top of one side and the bottom of the other so I pulled out my craft knife, cutting mat and gridded ruler. I cut the top off (photo to the left) and flipped it over (photo to the right.) Problem solved. I covered the seam with a length of black ribbon.

I have several gridded rulers, my obsession with them started in college in my fashion design classes. This gridded ruler by Tim Holtz is my absolute favorite because of the dual edge. The metal edge is great for cutting paper without risking cutting your ruler and the bevelled edge is perfect for drawing a straight line.

The title opens up to display my journaling.

And even though this is a layout about the men in my life I included some flowers and bling. The flowers have Prima Pebbles in the center and a little Tim Holtz film strip piece underneath.



1 comment:

Karen Bearse said...

Beautiful layout! I really like how you hid the journaling!