Friday, August 12, 2011

Purple!

This layout was inspired by a class I took with Dyan Reavley. It is using distress stains in a cool & fun way that can be used for all kinds of applications. I started with the beautiful Teresa Collins paper & inked it up! I started with a gesso white wash & once dry put random stripes of distress stain using the wonderful new colors Bundled Sage & Stormy Sky. I painted the circles using a bottle cap-one of my favorite stamps to use & also one of ways Dyan likes to use them. I sprayed the tag using a stencil & Glimmer Mist. Adding some stickers from the Echo Park Elements sheet. I stamped & cut out the birds using Dyans new Dylusion stamps. I used some pictures from flowers in my garden.
Supplies:
Teresa Collins-Notations paper, Journal & tags
Echo Park-Fancy Floral paper & Element stickers
Distress stains-bundled sage, stormy sky
Stamps-Dylusions, Tim Holtz
Black Staz-On
Distress ink-peeled paint
Dabbers-black soot & picket fence
Letters-creative imaginations

No comments: