Wednesday, August 3, 2011

For the Record


We went to southern California school ended, and as usual took lodes of photos. Lucky for me, this month's kit just complements them wonderfully! So I hope you enjoy kids, theme parks and fairs ;)

I started with Echo Park's Fabric Store paper for my background. I love the green with these photos from Legoland. I picked this group of pics because the expressions on their faces were just priceless as they were checking out the new Star Wars area in miniland.

And, since it was about legos, I used an Echo Park border sticker and a piece of Teresa Collins Rulers. The dots in both remind me of the tops of the lego pieces. Legoland has a whole section with scale models of cities and scenes, so I thought that ruler strips from Teresa Collins would also reinforce my subject.

I used Lily Bee Design alphas for my title and stuck them on a tag cut from the Echo Park Noteworthy sheet. Finally, a bit of glittery loops to repeat the swirls on the background paper and break up all the horizontal lines.

1 comment:

debbi said...

How can we get the DT Blog posts on the SP Facebook page when you all post? How about on Twitter? Love your layout!