Thursday, July 28, 2011

Using Pics from Your Phone


I love taking photos with my phone. It's convenient and lightweight. And although you don't get the same quality with your photos as a DSLR, there's some cool things that your phone can do. My favorite is an app called Hipstamatic. You get to choose the type of camera and film to imitate. I used the "Helga Viking" in these pictures. I love the black distressed border and the slightly faded look to the photos.

For this layout I used three snapshots with a neutral background. I chose a piece of the My Mind's Eye paper behind my photos because of the red suitcase. I added a bit of ephemera from the House of Three "Daily Junque" ephemera pack, a large tag that says "travel." To stretch it across the page I ripped it into two pieces and stuck a piece on either side of my photos.

I also used a couple of really cool things I picked up at the store. Petaloo has these Color Me Crazy flowers. They're just gorgeous and come like a ribbon on a strip, but you can easily cut them apart. And, a Tim Holtz game piece. I thought the number "65" would be fun, since it was a road trip and all ... and we were going at least that fast....

No comments: