Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Interactive Mac

I made this canvas using the very American paper from the design team kit this month. This project was done on water color paper & involves layers & layers. If you took my multi-media canvas class those are the techniques we learned. One of the challenges I have is making abstract art using magazine or stamped people, even using vintage photos. I feel like I have enough of my own photos why do I need to put strangers in my art? So I came up with the idea of using my son Mac in this whimsical page.

I added rub-ons & tons of stamps, sprays with stencils... but my favorite part is when I cut out his photos & added it back in to the page I put his arm on a brad so it swings back & forth. Hence interactive Mac. It cracks me up every time I see him & in fact I need to get him back home cause we miss him! The best part is I have a piece of whimsical art that is my boy, that makes me very happy!

No comments: